Loretto School, The Lorettonian Society and The Loretto Foundation ("
") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Loretto School.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting or downloading material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns,
and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to
deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting so that it will
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among
other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received
your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service including but not limited to downloading reports from our site, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Subject to clause 5.2 we will not share your personal details with other organisations, but your information may be handled by companies that provide data processing to us.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Loretto School, The Lorettonian Society and The Loretto Foundation or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
of Loretto School, The Lorettonian Society and The Loretto Foundation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You
can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at the address given in the leading paragraphs.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility
or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Data Protection Organisations
The following Loretto organisations are registered with the Data Protection authorities under the Data Protection Act 1998. These are:-
- Loretto School.
- The Loretto Foundation.
- The Lorettonian Society.
- The SS Lamert Scholarship & Bursaries Fund